Welcome 2008!


I hope everyone had a great time last night! I was lucky to have a very low-key night...dinner with a few friends and then board games are Luke's. It was the perfect way to start the new year and is the beginning of what I hope will be a very peaceful and productive year. I'm not making any resolutions, although I am going to have some life goals in the next few months.

Goal #1 is to get organized and live a {mostly} clutter-free life. I'm inspired by Organize Magazine, which I just found! In honor of this new goal I spent part of today cleaning my office closet and desk, filing stationery, and making a list of organizational things to buy. I'll be posting before and after pictures to keep myself motivated. Speaking of organizing, I just found out about Bloglines {thanks Shanna!} and created an account with all of the blogs I read daily...woo hoo!

Goal #2 is to complete half-finished projects around the house. Jake and I started remodeling our bathroom about two years ago and have been 90% finished for two years! Today we started patching drywall, which lead to another list of supplies that need to be purchased! By the end of the week I'd like to have finished patching, nail in floorboards, and paint the trim. Personal zen, here I come :)


{image from Organize Magazine}

4 comments:

John Trosko said...

Looking forward to seeing those pictures!

- John

Michelle C. Moode said...

Happy New Year, Rachael! I hope you don't mind but i have 'tagged' you on my blog.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

If you're not into this, I'll totally understand! Hope you are well!

Michelle.
http://millionsofpeoplehappy.blogspot.com

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I was on the Etsy home page +the screen flashed with itemsjust listed + your bird card cought my eye- A letterpress person can spot another letterpress piece fromamile away. I've been reading + your work is so beautiful in adittion to the rockin' red dress you wore to B-I-N-G-O night.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Wow! I really need to spell check before I comment next time.