I've been a bit quiet the last week, spending some time reflecting and trying not to be distracted by the internet. It's really crazy how quickly time can pass in so many cases and how some memories from years ago seem like they happened only yesterday. This past week marked two years since Tipper's been gone. The top photo was one of the last pictures I took of him, when we thought he might get better and he wanted to play with his toys again. The memories from that week are always so close to me and I'm glad we had that day of hope. And then the next week we adopted Cassie. She didn't know her name yet and she'd tear around the house like a possessed dog, but I'm so incredibly happy today that we have her, and Susie. Thank you Cassie, for finding us when we most needed you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs to you. what lucky girls cassie and susie are.

karen said...

such personality in their sweet faces.

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Thanks ladies...my girls are so cute it's hard to get any work done when I'm home and they want to cuddle :)

Tara Hogan, INK+WIT said...

lovely ladies