Thankful

Wow! What an amazing holiday and weekend. The past few weeks have been a blur, as I'm sure you could tell by the lack of posts lately. Teaching, getting ready for second storie and running Pistachio Press have really been three full time jobs.

Thanksgiving itself was great. I hosted the meal for the first time ever. There were only five of us and since we are all vegetarian I got to eat everything! It was even more exciting because I finally got to cook a meal. I've been living off take-out for the past few months and didn't realize how much I missed cooking. Here was our delicious menu:

Roasted butternut squash soup
Home-made stuffing from ciabatta bread
Creamy red mashed potatoes
Roasted brussel sprouts with pine nuts
Glazed sweet potatoes with almonds
Tofurkey and gravy
Multigrain rolls

My mom brought dessert: Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream, apple pie, and Bienenstich (a German cake made with a custard center a topped with almonds). After dinner the family watched a movie while I stuffed cards into cellophane bags in preparation for second storie.

After many months and countless hours of work second storie was an amazing success this weekend. Our vendors were every bit as talented as I had expected and even more kind that I could have imagined. I was able to trade/buy many gifts, mostly for myself! On Sunday we hosted a delicious brunch with food carefully made by an incredible woman (it filled two six-foot tables). It seemed like all of our promotion paid off - we had a great crowd, many of them spent a few hours shopping and talking to vendors. My sister helped me at my table and by greeting people as they came in. And my husband was super-awesome! He greeted each person who came in, gave them an info booklet, told them about the free hot cider and provided the perfect cheerful introduction to the event. I only had time to take two photos, but check out Frenshlyblended's photos, they're great!

No comments: