Our new addition

Well, I've been keeping some big new hidden under lock and key for the past few weeks. I didn't want to jinx it, but it now official. I just got another press! I'm super pleased to welcome this Vandercook No. 4 into my family of presses (and the beautiful 22" Paragon guillotine cutter in the back). Now you know why I've been furiously cleaning and re-organizing the studio. On Sunday Jake and I rented an 18-foot truck with a lift gate, drove to Columbus, loaded the press and some other equipment, and drove back to Rochester. Then we unloaded everything on Monday with the help of a few friends. Let me tell you, I never, ever, want to move out of my studio space. I have so much equipment that a move might be the death of me! Also let me tell you that Penske trucks have a "comfort" air-loaded drivers seat that bounces about a foot every single time you go over a bump. Jake's back is killing him today from the bouncy truck. He's a total bad-ass with some serious truck-driving, press-moving, putting-up-with-wife's-panic-attack skills.

I can't wait to get back in the studio and really start arranging everything now that all of the new equipment is here. We got a lot more stuff than is pictured and actaully managed to fill up a large portion of the truck. Many, many thanks to Michael and Debra for contacting me about the press and wanting it to go to a good home (it has!). They are two incredibly sweet and incredibly talaneted artists who have given me a new appreciattion for quilting, pattern-making, and Batik fabric.

8 comments:

Justin said...

Oh how exciting. I have the same model of paper cutter. Looks like you made some great additions.

Brinn Goddard said...

I can't wait to see how you put your new stuff to use :-].

joAnn said...

have fun with your new toys!

Fiore Press said...

What a beautiful press! Have fun!

Peter Hopkins said...

I am soooo jealous of your new press. I am constantly impressed with your work and your art, and wish you continued success with your new workhorse.

Peter Hopkins
http://craneinsider.blogspot.com

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Thanks everyone!! I'm still moving things around and cleaning up the new equipment, but I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished space.

teresa said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

teresa said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop