Our new addition

Well, I've been keeping some big new hidden under lock and key for the past few weeks. I didn't want to jinx it, but it now official. I just got another press! I'm super pleased to welcome this Vandercook No. 4 into my family of presses (and the beautiful 22" Paragon guillotine cutter in the back). Now you know why I've been furiously cleaning and re-organizing the studio. On Sunday Jake and I rented an 18-foot truck with a lift gate, drove to Columbus, loaded the press and some other equipment, and drove back to Rochester. Then we unloaded everything on Monday with the help of a few friends. Let me tell you, I never, ever, want to move out of my studio space. I have so much equipment that a move might be the death of me! Also let me tell you that Penske trucks have a "comfort" air-loaded drivers seat that bounces about a foot every single time you go over a bump. Jake's back is killing him today from the bouncy truck. He's a total bad-ass with some serious truck-driving, press-moving, putting-up-with-wife's-panic-attack skills.

I can't wait to get back in the studio and really start arranging everything now that all of the new equipment is here. We got a lot more stuff than is pictured and actaully managed to fill up a large portion of the truck. Many, many thanks to Michael and Debra for contacting me about the press and wanting it to go to a good home (it has!). They are two incredibly sweet and incredibly talaneted artists who have given me a new appreciattion for quilting, pattern-making, and Batik fabric.

6 comments:

Justin Miller said...

Oh how exciting. I have the same model of paper cutter. Looks like you made some great additions.

Brinn Goddard said...

I can't wait to see how you put your new stuff to use :-].

joAnn said...

have fun with your new toys!

Fiore Press said...

What a beautiful press! Have fun!

Peter Hopkins said...

I am soooo jealous of your new press. I am constantly impressed with your work and your art, and wish you continued success with your new workhorse.

Peter Hopkins
http://craneinsider.blogspot.com

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Thanks everyone!! I'm still moving things around and cleaning up the new equipment, but I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished space.