the local markets

This weekend was beautiful, and a bit on the cool side, but just gorgeous. Jake and I were able to stop by the local public market on Saturday, which is one of my favorite Rochester activities. We lunched on some amazing empanadas and then spent an hour picking up veggies and homemade cheese for dinner this week.

I'm also very excited that the South Wedge Farmer's Market will begin again this week! The SWFM has a much different, more intimate feel than the public market, and all of the food is locally grown. I feel like I know everyone here and there's a huge sense of community between the shoppers and farmers. These photos were taken by Shanna for the market's Community Portrait Party and they're so awesome. I was at the photo shoot and everyone there was so excited to be a part of the market. I'm looking forward to a summer of delicious meals.

No comments: