Moving in the snow




This week has been a whirlwind of trying to catch up on printing, orders and shipping from the holidays and helping my sister pack for her first big out-of-state move.  For my entire life my sister has lived no more than two hours away, and although sometimes that was still too close for us, we've grown a lot closer in the past few years.  I don't know why, but it surprised me that I was so emotional about this move.  I guess it didn't really hit me until now.  The truck is packed, the car trailer loaded, and her husband is finally here (after a cancelled flight, a broken bus, a rental car and 25 hours of travel). It's 6am and it's time to say goodbye.  I'm excited, nervous, sad and happy for her.  And I can't wait to visit her in North Carolina!

3 comments:

A Beautiful Party said...

aw, I think I just got a little teary. My sister lives about eight hours from me. Sometimes that's absolutely fine but other times I miss her and her kids so much. But it sounds like you'll have great reasons for visiting a beautiful part of the country. ( :

Brinn Goddard said...

I can imagine this has been tough for you...and your mom! At least you have a reason to travel south for vacation...and a little farther south will bring you here! Our door is always open!

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Thanks ladies! I definitely do want to travel south :) Brinn, I'll let you know if we decide to keep going and end up in your neck of the woods :)