In a New York Minute

I'm excited to report than Amber and I finally got to see the Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting exhibition at the Museum of Art and Design on Thursday. We took a very packed two-day trip to see the show and run around Manhattan. I can't say that I was completely and utterly blown away by it, but I did like the show. There were a few pieces that I really loved, especially Piper Shepard's intricately hand-cut lace fabric panels {above}. They hung from floor to ceiling and were meticulous.

On Friday we headed over to MoMA. I'm not usually too up for the big museum trip to see the usual suspects, but this was a good trip. I got to see prints by printmakers {whoa!}, with the feature spot going to Kara Walker for Harper's Pictorial History of the Civil War. Here are a few more highlights:

Projects 85: Dan Perjovschi, a political installation in the atrium.

50 Years of Helvetica {it's everywhere!}

Everything in the Architecture and Design Collection {I felt like I was in the biggest, baddest thrift store}.

No comments: