A library for Jake

 awesome dining room library found here  
crazy basement library found here 
abandoned books found here

Jake and I have been talking about turning our guest bedroom into a library/reading room.  We hardly ever have people stay over and it seems like it might make more sense to make that room into something that we use on a regular basis, especially since Jake is writing more.  Or maybe we can turn my office into a space for both of us, especially considering that I hardly use my home office. Hopefully our book-hoarding habits won't let our house turn into some of the rooms featured above!

3 comments:

Jake said...

#2 is perfect. That's exactly what I'm talking about, except it needs to be a bit darker!

abigail said...

I agree, #2 is perfect.

The last photo reminded me of one taken in an abandoned book repository in Detroit a couple years ago.
The books were left to rot, and a tree had started to grow.
Tragic, but beautiful.

I posted the photo here:http://gusandotherthings.blogspot.com/2009/03/beautiful-decay.html

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Jake, not too dark!

Abigail, I love those photos you posted! That theater parking lot was incredible, actually, they all are!