What to make?

For the past few years Jake and I have hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house. It's been so nice to cook for my family and to not have to rush around from house to house like we used to. This year it looks like it will just be us and one of my students, which I think might also be a good change of pace. My plan is to spend part of the day cooking (which I love to do and often don't have time for), eating, and watching movies. I'm going to try really hard not to work at all.

So, now I have to decide on a menu. I think this potato gratin from La Tartine Gourmande is going to make an appearance. And I'll certainly have to have Molly's cream braised Brussels sprouts and savoy cabbage gratin. Seriously, last year I made both recipes and we ate every last delicious bite. I still haven't found a great stuffing recipe (if you know one, send it my way), but I think I might try this one. For dessert, I know we'll be having Smitten Kitchen's raspberry buttermilk cake. I'm not usually a sweets kind of person, but this is hands down one of my very favorite recipes. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a delicious meal with family or friends!

{image from BĂ©atrice Peltre}

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Mmmmm...Thanksgiving! We always use the stellar stuffing recipe from The Silver Palate, but I'm going to try a vegetarian version of it this year for the 1/4 of us at our dinner who don't eat meat. It generally has sausage, but I'm thinking of trying fake meat or maybe just no meat and going with the apple/cornbread/pecan mix...either way, I think it's going to be awfully tasty!

Jan Halvarson said...

Wishing you a Happy thanksgiving!

Nicki said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving! It sounds heavenly! My day will be spent with 15 family members, most of which do not know I smoke. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Hope you all had a great day. Nicki, I hope you made it through!